"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

HSF 2015 - Challenge #4 - War & Peace

What the item is (and how it is a product of war or a lengthy period of peace: This is a headscarf. I wanted to do something much more complex but I just don't have funds to make any of them from scratch. so I chose that in the spirit of WW2 I would make do and mend.

The Challenge: #4 War & Peace

Fabric: cotton (I think it was a scrap from my stash)

Pattern: none self drafted

Year: 1940's

Notions: thread

How historically accurate is it?
I'm not sure whether sewing machines did these stitches in the 40's but I thought it was such a sweet design.
Hours to complete: 1hr-ish.

First worn: today! I'm wearing it now.

Total cost: Nothing really all from my stash.



2 comments:

  1. Some machines did those designs. My grandmother has some brand Ive never heard of that has all sorts of cartridges that you put in to get fancy stitches. :-P So call it super period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. Thank you. :)
      I did wonder if they were available for home sewers so that's great to know.

      Delete