"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Jumpsuit Upcycle

The tail is because its for rescue rangers costume (only pinned on)
So I started with a jumpsuit 1 size too small that was in a sale for £7...love a good bargain. I was able to get the jumpsuit on but not...erm....move. After asking advice in various places I decided to cut some of the length down as it was too long, then unpicked the side seams up to the waistband.
Then got some left over green cord I had and cut a strip long enough to reach from waist to hem. It started as 4inch wide tapering to 6inches wide at the hem. I then wrestled it into place as I sewed it on the machine. Hand stitching the hem.


No comments:

Post a Comment