"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, October 17, 2014

Steampunk 8th Doctor - Latest incarnation!

So I started out with using what I had already. The tea dyed shirt. The green waistcoat. The cravat. The green skirt.
I also upgraded my steampunk sonic. Adding some wire and 'gems'. I also took a broken watch that was on a necklace, snapped off the front cover then glued a safety pin to the back (so I can use it as tie pin) and set it to just before 12.00midnight.
I also restyled a cheap wig. Trimming the fringe and curling it. Then platting the rest then folding it over at back and sewing in place leaving curls to show on top. I also added a green ribbon.

Now back to the skirt I have several options: I can either use green skirt alone


That's when I had a lightbulb moment. I'll make it into a bustle dress. So I added a peplum to the back of the waistcoat, a ruffle to the skirt hem and made a bustle support.

I also found an old watch chain, added a key to it. Sewing it to one of the waistcoat 'points' and then used a safety pin to attached to the other point.


No comments:

Post a Comment