"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Saturday, February 15, 2014

HSF 2014 - Challenge #3 - Pink (Lady Mary Blouse)

The Challenge: #3 Pink
Fabric: pink polkadot
Pattern: No pattern. Self Drafted.
Year:1910-1920
Notions: buttons, embroidery floss.
How historically accurate is it? I made it based on a white one I saw in downton abbey.
Hours to complete: N/A
First worn: Only finished it today so not had chance to wear it.
Total cost: Because this is a UFO I can't remember.

 I even did some embroidery by hand in pink on the blouse.

Started it a while ago and it took so much tweaking and adjusting to try and get close to the look I wanted. I put it aside. But on seeing the pink challenge decided to finish it off. Its based on a blouse I saw in Downton Abbey (hence the name).

No comments:

Post a Comment