"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Monday, January 27, 2014

Riding Habit an Idea

I saw this painting and instantly thought...11th doctor riding habit. If you changed the jacket to tweed and the hat is quite fez-ish.

I do like the practicality of the cut of them as a garment. There doesn't seem to be too major a variation in styles between the era's. If you were a lady time traveler who wanted to fit in with earths history. It could be as good as the doctor's suit to fit in.

Did I mention I love his purple costume...might have a bash at it for a winter event one day.

I think the above is more achievable for me for now. The hat is blue felt decorated with grey netting and a few 'clockface' buttons. The jacket is blue velvet (from my shop bought wardrobe). The shirt is the one I made for my 8th doctor cosplay, removable collar so I could have it wing or collarless. The skirt is a blue wool blend. The boots are riding type boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment