"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Monday, September 23, 2013

Downton Abbey Blouse - Version 1 - Drafting the blouse

The first blouse I'm going to remake is Lady Mary's from Downton.
I've made a few modifications. My sleeves are not 'cut on' in this version (this is working out the fit and as I'm not that familiar with how to adjust kimono sleeves I decided to go for set in sleeves). Its made out of different material -as already stated as this is a trial version- so no lace insertion. but I might add some tucks to the centre pannel.


I used the pattern I'd created for my edwardian blouse and added length to it, changed the collar. Also moved the opening to the front from the back. The collar was borrowed from another pattern which I then modified.
For some reason I ended up with a collar that stood up at the back reather than laying flat. So I just went with it.
On left is modified to how I want it to be. On Right is original.
I still need to make a few changes. The collar wasn't quite long or rectangular enough so I will recut.
I also need to cut out the sleeves. There will be opening on the side of the panel at the front. Buttons probably or snaps.

Any comments or advice welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment