"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Butterick 5556 - design possibilities

I've been looking again at butterick 5556 as a winter day dress. And I can wear my petticoat with it for the proper shape. I like both the black and the navy blue. I have some gold buttons or I can use some self cover ones. Will probably reduce the skirt fullness and change from side to back opening. And separate the top from the skirt just coz I worry about washing it. Then change the top to be front fastening.

It should carry me from winter to spring as spring is very like winter in the UK. lol!

Reminds me of this dress:



And this
Source: etsy.com via Lady on Pinterest

It will fit for my Doctor Who Sew-a-long as I note the doctor wears tartan....

Source: ew.com via Lady on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment