"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Making drop waists flattering

I like the concept of a dropped waist but being short in the leg with big hips and small waist a true drop waist doesn't suit me. Quite frankly if I don't show my waist I look fat. With my 1920's inspired pinafore in red tartan I'm planning on making the top fitted and have a waistband that starts on my natural waist and ends just below it to give that 'dropped waist' feel.

Saw the new butterick patterns....and have got it into my head to do a 'fake' dropwaist by using a yoke on a skirt.
(Like B5858 but it says its for knits. I can't sew knits.) I think it will look ok on me.

My Idea of what it will look like

No comments:

Post a Comment