"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cold weather sewing

So I've talked previously about my retro sewing wishlist. Now I'm going to talk about my Autumn/Winter sewing plans....ok intentions. You know I get distracted with other projects. I surveyed my winter wardrobe (I find autumn and winter my wardrobe is pretty much the same with maybe a slight difference in colours.) To find out what was needed and what I should replace.

1. Knitwear - always essential, but I don't knit fast enough to make garments so they are shop bought. I still have a few knitted tank tops that will do but some need replacing as they are looking a bit worse for wear. Would like a vintage looking one.

2. Blouses & Shirts - I need more long & 3/4 length sleeve blouses in plain colours. At least 2 black and 2 white and 2 pattern (various colours).

3. Skirts, Jackets and Hats - Thinking tartan pencil and a navy blue A-line in a wool blend with matching jacket (suit) and hat.

That should keep me busy for a while. Calculating costs can't afford to make a coat and a suit so coat will have to wait till next year as my shop bought one from last year with the fake fur collar is still neat and usable.

Looking up the fashion trends for the season...I seem to be on track quite accidentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment