"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Vintage Bolero 'Knit-a-long' 2012

Today I am announcing (a month in advance) that on the 1st May the Vintage bolero knit-a-long will commence.

Some of you maybe wondering a knit-a-long... 

What is that? Why? How does it work?

A knit-a-long, like a sew-a-long, is a problem shared a problem halved....
Everyone taking part knits the bolero from the same pattern sharing their problems, successes, tips and advice. I'll be blogging my 'progress' and encourage others to do so too. You can comment on my blog or post on your own blog and link to it.
When the project is complete we all post our completed projects.

My reason for this is that I have not knitted a garment before using a vintage pattern...and I would like to be able to get advice and share anything I learn from the experience.

I have not set a finish date yet but initially rough deadline of August 1st (I'm quite a slow knitter) for the end of the knit-a-long 'officially' but if anyone comes across this later on I would still be pleased to see how you go on.

What pattern?

I will be using the bolero pattern from Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters...the yellow one which has the tube top on the same page. I'm only doing the bolero not the top.

I've already done some test squares to see if I can do the pattern....so I can offer advice on that.

I haven't bought the 'yarn' yet. But instead of the yellow I plan to use navy blue and white. Cuffs in white and body in blue.

You can use any colour wool you like...I like to see creativity.

If you have a blog and take part you can add this button. And link back to this placeholder page.

Post a reply to this post to let me know you are taking part. :)

The Updates
Links to individual posts will appear below so you don't have to go searching.

2 comments:

  1. You can knit as well? Oh goodness, you are so good! I wish I had the time/patience/whatever to learn to knit. But I'm blessed to have a mother who knits for me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I've knitted since I was little...although started slightly later knitting than sewing.

      Delete