"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, January 27, 2012

1950's shirt...or near enough

Simplicity 3847
Look what I found...I loved the fabric print so bought 2 meters of each colour. I am gonna use the blue fabric first with the matching buttons. Hopefully it will be easy. The instructions seem to make sense...well most of the time. I have already cut out the paper pattern. Might cut out the fabric today.
So what do you think? Did I make the right choice. Its not authentically vintage looking but I think it might give a nod to the era.

I also bought some stuff for my 40's skirt...but that's project for another day.

In other news bought a copy of 'Sew' magazine...got tempted by 'free pattern' just flicked through it looks good. Will have to get next issue, looks like shirt dress pattern is included.

Simplicity 3847 - Shirt - Links
Part 1
Part 2 
Part 3 
Part 4
Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment