"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, October 28, 2011

1920's Dress...ideas


So I want a 1920's style dress for winter. As you can see above I have a drop waist dress but its a summer one. Now |I have several options.
1. Use a vintage pattern
2. Find a free online pattern
3. Make my own using this blogger's dress as example
4. Use summer dress as basis to make pattern but use more 'wintery' fabrics and make straps ticker, then wear shirts underneath.
5. Get a cheap tunic dress or long jumper and add  pleated skirt on the bottom

And apparently its called deco grunge.
Spotted this drop waist dress...out of my budget though.

And this is the dress I'd love to have or as close as possible to it.
http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O75004/day-dress-brique/


No comments:

Post a Comment